Friday 6 July 2007

Day iii - Test

Friday 6 June 2007

Walking into the truck today for the first time induced flashbacks. I was reacquainted with my 6 cubic feet of space in the corner of the tape room today; a home away from home for me. Hell, even Dirk saved my exact router labels from a year ago, to make it seem like I never left.

Unfortunately, I really don’t have anything exciting to say about today, it was the typical cram setup before the race day; make sure everything’s working alright. It’s normally a chaotic day that’s very hectic and fast-paced…but I must say there was some civility when it was realized Dave Coulombe’s pillarboxing idea maintained a certain level of peace and proper aspect ratio in the truck. Dave, your job is safe…for July.

And speaking of coworkers from back home…Keith, where is our HDV stock? Yeah it didn’t show up. I heard that guy is on vacation.

Everyone [left over from America’s Cup] is so tan, and it makes me jealous. But the joke’s on them, as they’ll be spending time in a truck all month, and that tan will soon be gone. HAH! And speaking of America’s Cup, I’ve never seen anyone so excited about the latest boat change regulations than Craig Hummer. “Did you hear they’re making the boats 90 meters with 20 crewmen?” Outstanding. I cannot wait until 2010/2011.

The biggest news of the day: PHILLIPE. He is baaaaaaaaaack. There was some disagreement, and doubt that he’d show up, and later join us in France, BUT NOT THE CASE!! Haha I am so happy and will be eating well. While I worked an extremely long day today, I did get to snap a few good pictures…pictures which, I will soon find a common home for so you can view them at your leisure. Tomorrow marks the end of my London experience unfortunately, and I now have to readjust to moving from town to town every night. Boo to that!!! But we do get the car tomorrow, which I hear is a brand new Citroen C5. Yay to that!!!

No comments: