Wednesday 11 July 2007

Day 5 - The Swing of Things

Wednesday 11 July 2007

Another boring one today, unfortunately. And the weather was only slightly better today. It was a good day however, because Philippe made cook-to-order steaks. I love cook-to-order steak day, it’s awesome.

I did manage to sneak out for a couple of minutes and check out the finish line. At that very time, the Škoda sponsor caravan came by and was giving out those free Gilligan hats. What are those called anyway? Well I got one so back off.

I’ve been taking a lot of pictures, but have been slow to upload them to any site. Probably put them up on Facebook, and will provide the link once I do. You can also access this blog from within Facebook (still working out the kinks on that one), and make comments there as well. And speaking of Facebook, not only am I now friends with Mel, but with the one and only Leslie V. as well. It’s taking over the world.

Fell asleep for a good chunk of the car ride tonight, thank goodness. Although when I woke up I unfortunately was still in France. Zing!

We’re at a Novotel tonight, a chain hotel in Europe like Holiday Inn. It’s none too impressive, but it’s the exact same looking hotel as the one last year, where if you recall, one executive producer climbed behind the bar and two crew members went down in infamy for losing their shirts, quite literally.

We’re plotting against Mel to celebrate her birthday, despite her wishes. While she won’t tell us when it is, I think I’ve found out, and if I’m right it hasn’t passed.

So I can’t get the All-Star Game, but I can get NBA Summer League Philadelphia Sixers vs. Phoenix Suns game on Comcast Sportsnet/NBA TV. Being played in the practice arena next to Thomas & Mack Center at UNLV. Was T&M booked that night? Honestly. What the hell.

No comments: