Saturday 14 July 2007

Day 8 - Lost in Translation

Saturday 14 July 2007

I love when we get lost in the morning and can’t find the Technical Zone. Dave and Neal get so frustrated it’s not even funny. No wait, actually, it is still funny, because they have such short tempers. And they get so fired up if they’re a minute off schedule. Ha, ha, ha.

But we found it eventually. Why? Because I speak a little French and could ask someone. The two of them would be nowhere without me translating. Some people around here speak English, more don’t know a word; but it depends on where you go in this country.

I ate lunch today with Al Trautwig and his family, who always come on the Tour and hang out with us while Al commentates for us. I swear he hasn’t a clue who I am; just that’s he’s seen me in Stamford before so he knows I work for Versus. But he’s a super nice guy nonetheless. I’m trying to get some of the features I cut back home that he’s since voiced online for all to see, because I think they look really great.

Mother f’in’ son of a bitch I have to share a room tonight. This stupid f’ing mountain town Tignes doesn’t apparently have enough hotels/ski lodges on top of it. I think this is seriously against Versus Travel and Entertainment (T&E) policy; which I expressed to Sandra back home to try and have remedied…but I guess she wasn’t on her email on Saturday; who would be. That shit better not happen again.


We went out for a little while again tonight, where we solidified plans for golf on our first rest day on Monday. We just have to get through the nightmare that is the CBS Sunday show tomorrow, and then it’s two nights in the same hotel in Briançon for a little rest and relaxation.

No comments: