Sunday 15 July 2007

Day 9 - Schloogies ("My name-a Borat!")

Sunday 15 July 2007

So at least there were two separate rooms in our “family suite”, so it wasn’t all that bad. But still, you shouldn’t have to do that when you work. I tried to put it behind me today.

Weekend in review (surprise #1): CBS has not bothered me nearly as much as they had last year. I think they’ve changed much of their crew out, to a more proficient one.

Weekend in review (surprise #2): Where are the fireworks? Frenchies you suck at partying, especially on Bastille Day yesterday. You couldn't even get a Frenchman to win the stage. Boooo. Granted we were in the mountains…but that’s no excuse! The schloogies were out in full force though, I will say. Drunk and loud as they should be.

Everyone in the truck has their own impression of Borat, and is heard quite often. Joel joked he hired him to interview the Kazakh riders (who are very good this year). So when a roadside fan, dressed in nothing but that infamous green banana-hammock (complete with mustache and 80’s curly afro), went running up a mountain with the riders, the impressions came out ten-fold. “THAT’S-A NIIICE!” We replayed the clip 3 times throughout the course of the show. Hey, it’s not [quite] nudity!

Tonight’s drive was the most interesting by far. Getting from Tignes to Briançon as the crow flies is impossible, so you have to ascend certain mountains and take an indirect route. Little did I know that indirect route went up one of the tallest climbs in the Alps, the Col de l’Iseran, of which I’d seen many a time in historical footage back in the office. Well once I saw that famous sign at the summit, I made Dave stop the car so I could get out and take a picture. (Condition report: Altitude: 2770m (= 9088ft); Temperature: 4°C (= 39.2°F)) Also, little did I know that same road took us through the long tunnel (10 min end to end) under the Alps and into Italy, super-close to Turin. YAYYY I’VE BEEN TO ITALY!!! But for only 25 minutes, as the road turned back west and down into Briançon.

Golf tomorrow. #@!*$ yeah. Foursome is myself, Scotty-boy Shaule-zy, Teepee Darby, and Hector. Hector needs a nickname.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hector's nickname is "the Freankin' Rican'"